Monday 26 March 2012

Sunlit Horses

Last week I was working on a small Dimensions kit called Sunlit Horses. Think I started this one about a year ago and have done about 7 weeks work on it now. I Didn't think I had done that long on it, must be a slower stitcher than I though.  Finally have all the full crosses done though so it's just the half crosses in the background to do now. Oh and all the dreaded backstitch, that always takes and age to get done.  Might even get it done by this time next year! This is quite nice and simple for a Dimensions kit - only one blended colour so far.

My other project for this week has been a Mystic Stitch Chart just called Cats. This one feels like it's been very slow going. Can't remember when I started it and have only been working on it at weekends so there is never much progress to see. Most of this so far has been DMC 939 and 823 with a few other colours thrown in here and there. This is my first Mystic Stitch chart and I don't enjoy it as much as my HAEDs not sure if it's the colours or the fabric on this one or just the way the charts only use letters rather than normal symbols. The letters just seem to make the chart harder to read for me - what's wrong with the normal symbols anyway?

 In other news actually had some nice weather in the last week. The last few days have been really nice. Wasn't as good at the start of the week but still managed to get out to a local zoo - Manor House Wildlife Park. They have a lemur walk-through with some very relaxed lemurs who were enjoying the nice weather. Our horses have also been enjoying the nicer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers